Friday 2 September 2011

I'm a classical yo-yo dieter

I'm a classical yo-yo dieter... My weight fluctuates as often as I switch.  To give you a brief background about myself.  I was sexually, physically, emotionally abused in various situations and sometimes in a controlled groups of adults within the religious sector repetitively from an early age until I was 14 or 15 years old, I can't remember the exact age.  I remember chunks of memories within this time but there are also chunks of memories that are blank. I re-experience these blank memories through flashbacks, body memories and physical signs like rashes that are scattered around my body.  Throughout this time my outward appearance was a skinny girl then a skinny teenager.

I remember when I was around 6 or 7 years old, I told myself that if I tried and ate more I would become safer.  I really believed that if I was physically fatter all the abuse would stop!  It worked and I did gain a lot of weight and I started to feel that I was slowly disappearing or even fading away, almost becoming invisible!  The adults didn't seem too interested in me as before.

I'm now an adult myself and have a family that I care for and adore.  I've tried to instill in them solid morals and beliefs that are so more far removed from my own upbringing.  The main thing that I stand by in both my children is self acceptance.  I can sometimes sense a part of me that says practice what you preach.... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to find the true essence of me, like a birthday game, if I'm brave enough I'd love to unwrap each layer until there's no layers left, just me!  I'm not saying that I want to get rid of any of my parts, and I know that deep down this would not happen, I'll just be me rather than being fragmented!  I think that my T/therapist would be amazed that I agree with her, that my parts/alters are all of me!

Sorry getting back to my post title and my yo-yo dieting.  My yo-yo dieting is a way of me hiding away from those adults or hiding away from everyone around me, so I can't get hurt or abused again.  Now that my physical layers of weight has being shed. I feel lighter, healthier, my head feels less cluttered and I'm writing more in my journal... which is a good start.

My next step would be to carry on working through my emotional issues, as you've probably noticed... I'm a bit controlling and a bit of a perfectionist... you know the one's that just want things just so!!!  I guess Rome wasn't built in a day!

One last thing, an incident occurred today... I was walking towards my bank to check my balance and suddenly I heard a beep and a wolf whistle from a passing by teenagers in one of those tinted windows/pimped out cars done badly!!!  I'm gonna assume that most women would be flattered but I was shocked and gave a kind of half smile.... then a niggling feeling swept me... all of a sudden I was scared...  I don't want to settle for half bests of being unhealthy and not making the most of my life.

I'm gonna leave you with my fav track by fullcrate, she was fly





No comments: